EX1 / TL500 as good as it seems? (coming from m4/3)

Started Jun 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smarter
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
EX1 / TL500 as good as it seems? (coming from m4/3)
Jun 29, 2011

Hello,

This year I got a great deal on an Olympus E-P-1/ 14-42 clearance sale. I considered this one a nice compact high quality backup camera to my Pentax DSLR system.

Problem is that this is a system camera too, just like my Pentax. I just can't constrain myself... Right now I'm surrounded by all sorts of m4/3 adapters and Konica/ Canon legacy lenses besides the great Pentax kit I already have. Time to stop this addiction right now and concentrate on my Pentax again.

I just need the DSLR and a nice, compact camera. The Olympus EX1/ TL500 seems exactly what I want. It's between this Samsung and the Canon G12. There are not many compact cameras with a tilt/flip LCD screen.

I like the f/1.8 lens on the Samsung, but I read that the Canon is the 'more finished product' with better firmware and user interface. 3x zoom is enough for me.

A decent JPEG engine and reliable white balance are essential to me. It also needs to be fast enough to shoot decent daylight pictures of my young children running around.

So: Does the EX1/ TL500 fit the bill for me?

smarter's gear list:smarter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Lytro Light Field 8GB Pentax MX-1 Samsung WB350F Nikon Coolpix S32 +18 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow