SD1 full size disillusion (landscapes, nature)

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 17,297Gear list
Like?
Re: What did your friend do to you?
In reply to katate, Jun 29, 2011

katate wrote:

Did you not see his other messages to see what he would do with raw images?

Sorry, I didn't check what he did, but I finally noticed it. And still I do not want to withdraw may images and RAWs.

I wouldn't withdraw the RAW files. And you could still leave the Flickr images up, just not full screen... then people could go to the RAW files and see what is really there.

But that original message was assuming the images were from a pre-production camera, the RAW pack you provided looked like they were from a production model? That I think is perfectly fair to put up for comment. Perhaps I am confused about the initial images from the flickr gallery Petr posted of the mountains...

I believe people have to see exactly "what it is." I think my photos show some weakness of the SD1, but at the same time I believe I could show some possibilities or abilities of the SD1.

I agree with that totally, as long as they are not from a pre-production model - such images would show weaknesses that do not exist in the final model. That is my only concern about them not being representative, not that I want to hide anything about what the SD-1 can do, just that I want people to judge fairly based on what production equipment does.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow