Started Jun 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,684
Like?
Q Viewfinder
Jun 29, 2011

Unlike some of the critics here, I think the Pentax Q has potentially hit a sweet spot. I bought a Panasonic G1 because I wanted a sophisticated camera with interchangeable lenses that could easily be carried around. The bulk issue is in the lenses not the camera, at least for me, and so I like the G1 even though the camera itself is not much smaller than the smallest DSLRs. When I saw the Pentax Q I thought this an even better step in the right direction. Ultimate image quality is not paramount for me in such a camera nor is (price at least in this range). I still shoot 4x5 film for ultimate image quality (as I can't afford a $30,000 digital back). In essence, I'm looking for a Panasonic LX5 with an option for a long lens on the fly and the Q looks like it might be just that.

But there appears to be no option for an electronic viewfinder. The only viewfinder pictured seems to be optical at a fixed focal length. Can this be possible? If so it would be the only advanced camera I know of without even an option of wysiwg viewfinder. (Even the Sony has some option, I believe.) Anyone know for sure?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow