SD1 full size disillusion (landscapes, nature)

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,506Gear list
Like?
What did your friend do to you?
In reply to katate, Jun 29, 2011

katate wrote:

Hi,
I took some of those SD1 photos.

I just borrowed the SD1 from my friend, and took the photos with the SD1 only for two hours, so please not evaluate the quality of the SD1 with my photos.

Did you not see his other messages to see what he would do with raw images?

At the very least you should probably take down the Flickr images or reduce the maximum image size. What is the point of having them up? The fact is that whatever your intent might be, some people are using them to judge SD-1 image quality (witness this whole thread). Some like Petr even seek to trick others into thinking those are normal example images, I don't think you understand the depth some long-term anti-Sigma/Foveon trolls will go to in order to take Sigma/Foveon down as many notches as they can. And you just handed them a tool to work such mischief...

The only good thing to come of this is that at last people understand why images do not come out until so close to the camera being ready for release. Lots of stuff is being altered, tested, tweaked and images are going to have weird things about them going on until the camera is ready to ship. Especially with a brand new chip...

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow