Started Jun 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PixelProShop
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Smallest Nex Belt Bag I found for Mounted 18-55 Plus All Your Gear
Jun 29, 2011

I was on a quest to find a belt bag that would hold the 18-55mm lens mounted and with sunshade attached correctly and not turned around. Room for the 16mm pancake lens, 2 batteries and the flash. The bag had to be rugged and fleece lined and belt mountable. I wanted to have it all while miles from the car and would stand up to some abuse. There were numerous bags out there that I tried but they were more for transporting the gear in the car or carrying the items from one place to another and just generally keeping the items together or for casual photography work. Most of the bags once loaded had belt loops of such poor quality and the belt loops were so low the bag was always leaning out away from your body, the zippers were hard to find and once you had it opened I had to visually look in the bag and dig around. These bags felt like a small backpack mounted on your belt, and once opened felt like it was going to dump everything out, not what I wanted. What I found that solved all my issues was the Nite Ize Backbone Model #40 (Large). The bag is built heavy and reinforced. The belt clip is reinforced with a rigid internal backbone that keeps the bag from rolling outward. The zipper pulls are easy to find and large, I can open it with one hand in the dark, the zippers have a rubber seal that forms behind the zipper to keep out dust and dirt. The camera lays grip up with the 18-55mm lens pointing to the side with lens shade attached correctly. The only thing I put in the larger compartment is the camera and attached 18-55mm lens, once I open it nothing else comes toppling out while pulling the camera clear to take a shot. A smaller outer pocket holds the 16mm pancake lens, 2 extra batteries and the flash. There is plenty of room for a few extra SD cards and lens cloth. I paid $24.00 for the bag at an online retailer. When you want to take the Nex and all its gear and do it right this is my go to bag.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow