Need help on the TG-810

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
roberthd12
Regular MemberPosts: 294Gear list
Like?
Re: Need help on the TG-810
In reply to Jyrki Leskelä, Jun 29, 2011

I do not want to sound like a broken record, as I have posted this opinion before. However, it bears repeating just in case someone at Oly is listening.

Other than the $500 XZ-1, Olympus makes the worst P&S cameras of any major manufacturer and this has been the case for many years.

The Tough cameras are good for one thing---underwater and snow video, or some sort of extreme situation.The build is good. However, image quality is very poor for stills, probably a bit because of the way the lens has to be protected. Regardless, the Tough series has the worst image quality of all the extreme cameras, as Pentax and others are rated better.

And battery life on my Tough is just plain awful. I sent it back, and the 2nd one was worse. You must take two backup batteries with you all the time, minimize sounds, etc.

Sadly, I cannot find any decent Oly small P&S even in the $200 range. Fuji, Kodak, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Casio, Sony, Samsung, etc....all beat Oly still image quality and battery life.

I still love my E-520, many lenses, and E-PL1. But I would never recommend Oly P&S cameras, especially the Tough. The competition is way, way ahead.
--
Roberthd12

roberthd12's gear list:roberthd12's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow