Started Jun 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oilman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,573
Like?
Jackson and Yellowstone Vacation -A target rich environment
Jun 28, 2011

I’m just back from a Jackson Hole/Yellowstone Business Convention and vacation. I took over 600 pictures and am still working my way through them. But here is the first set. The sky is really that blue.

To the guy who asked Yellowstone and the Tetons, don’t worry about equipment except for a good tripod which is an absolute necessity. Instead do some research on the famous locations and plan on GETTING THERE EARLY. If you want to get good pictures you should be getting up at 4:00 AM OR EARLIER every day, depending on where you are staying. and where you are drving to. You only get the alpenglow for about ten minutes but it is incredible. The drive from Jackson to Yellowstone takes 2.5 hours as the speed limit is very low. Most of your shots will be in low light so you need a tripod to keep the camera steady. Use a remote shutter release and activate mirror lockup. If you don’t have a remote, set your camera on self timer. That way you don’t bump it when you take the picture.

Be bears aware if you hike. Buy a can of bear repellent (super mace) and make noise. Get some bear bells and a loud whistle.Never run away. Prey runs. Instead back away slowly and blow the whistle.

-- hide signature --

The first camera bag you buy is always too small

http://www.flickr.com/geofiz

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow