Forum ProPosts: 22,739
Like?
Re: I found the blackout comparison
In reply to Tony Beach, Jun 28, 2011

Tony Beach wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

PhillyFotog wrote:

Religion vs empiricism.

Did you actually measure the D7000 mirror blackout time or not? If not than you are just as much of a believer as anyone else here. If yes you should be able to give us the times or to point to a source. Until then, your "empirical" test is not very much worth.

Well, to put this argument to rest, and after some diligent research on my part, it does appear that the D7000 would have noticeably shorter blackout time than the D300. First, we know that the D300 has 100 milliseconds blackout time according to the review of that camera at Imaging Resource; second, I tracked down the mirror blackout time for the D700 here: http://www.nikond700.com/nikon-d700-review/compared-nikon-d700-vs-canon-5d/ ; finally, there is this video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/sLZqUJZ9ruw that shows that the D7000 and D700 appear to have the same mirror blackout time. At a difference of 33% I would say it is likely to be noticeable, and I wonder why it hasn't been brought up in comparisons between the D700 and D300 (which also makes me wonder if the D300s is any different from the D300 in this regard).

There, don't let it be said that I'm not willing to admit when I am wrong, and that I am even willing to go the extra mile to prove or disprove what I have said.

I think one thing which may cause confusion is that people believe the D300 and the D300s are the same. I can not measure the D300 or the D7000, but I will try to measure the D300s if I have some time. I have what it needs to do the job except the time and the motivation. During my Olympus era I have done plenty of technical measurements but got tired of doing it. Maybe I will start again...

Anyway, my measurements will be pretty pointless unless the same measurements are made on a d7000, which is not going to happen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow