Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,761
Like?
Re: Honestly
In reply to agc1976, Jun 28, 2011

agc1976 wrote:

PhillyFotog wrote:

Well I don't have the D700 to compare, but I find it easy to believe. But I do have the D300, so I'll trust my own shooting experience over your assumptions.

I also have a D300s and I had never had to struggle so much to find focus at night as my friend's D7000. Maybe the D300s AF was tweaked to perform better than the D300 as some users have reported but I doubt the D300 was much different.

I only have the D300s, but I doubt there is any difference between the D300 and D300s in that respect. Both are famous for the focus and not without reason.

From what I've seen I believe that a photo like this one is simply not possible with the D7000 without using some kind of AF assist.

I don't use the in-camera AF assist at all. The SB-900 is on and it is activated now and then when the flash is used, but the AF assist of the camera stays off.

I did not use AF assist here and was using a Tamron 17-50 which is a lens known for having focusing limitations in low light.

I am not sure why the D7000 would struggle here, but I have no experience with the camera, other than some small in-shop tests. Anyway, I never have had any focus issues with the lenses I have, thy all work fine under any conditions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow