SD1 full size disillusion (landscapes, nature)

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,469Gear list
Like?
And that's why you don't release many pre-release images
In reply to petr marek, Jun 28, 2011

petr marek wrote:

My opinion:

smooth color surface patterns/noise splashes (like 8-bit tonal transitions!), unsecure colors, contrast edges disaster, insufficient lenses (chromatic aberation, soft...)

Than compare with competition high ISO performance, speed and processing, price...
I wouldn´t buy it.

Why did you go find the worst possible samples, samples from a version of the firmware that existed long before they even got cameras out to shoot a handful of official prer-release photos?

These shots are of no use for judging anything, because we already know the camera can do better from other shots. The way to determine what you can get out of a camera is to try and find the best possible shots, determine what helped the technical quality, and proceed from there.

I mean I wouldn't buy the D3X either from its sample gallery as the landscape shot they had it in looked as mushy as your first photo link. But obviously the camera can do better than those images, and the same is true of the SD-1.

If you are serious about quality determination you should at least make a minimal effort to not come off as a troll seeking to post only the most negative possible things.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow