Another D300 vs D7000 post !

Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,837
Like?
Re: Honestly
In reply to PhillyFotog, Jun 27, 2011

PhillyFotog wrote:

The whole operation (mirror slap and blackout) is much quieter and quicker on the D7000 than the D300. I see there are some skeptics here. Just head to a shop with your D300 and snap a few frames on it and the D7000. It will be obvious to you. I promise.

Quieter is easy enough to verify, but how that effects resolution would require more careful measurement than can be casually performed in a camera shop. Likewise, I doubt you can visually detect differences in the blackout time as we are talking about milliseconds to begin with, and then the slight fractional differences between them (it is literally a matter of a "photo finish" that the human eye cannot reasonably detect). Like I said, I would like to see the actual published numbers on blackout times, but I really think it is academic and has no practical relevance.

P.S. I just checked the shutter lag on both cameras, and the D300 is 45 milliseconds and the D7000 is 50 milliseconds, so the D300 has a head start regarding blackout time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow