The worst interchangeable lens camera ever: Pentax Q

Started Jun 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ropen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,479Gear list
Like?
Re: The sensor size is irrelevant!
In reply to temama, Jun 27, 2011

This street has two ways as I see it because as you disparage others for being "almost ignorant of the basic technique of camera and optics" I guess you include in that group the engineers from Pentax who persevered with this concept for a number of years and upper marketing/management who gave it green light.

It will be fun when the sample pictures will come out to see whether you (and the rest of the people who swear that their cellphone or 3 years old digicam will do as good or better because it has also a 1/2.3 sensor) were right or they knew something more.

Radu

temama wrote:

Well said!

Now when this thread is almost full and will end soon (I couldn't imagine how quickly it would happen!), I want to say that surprisingly many here in "Pentax SLR forum" (Yes, SLR, this not compact camera oriented "Pentax talk forum!) is almost ignorant of the basic technique of camera and optics. I mean how the laws of optic affect the the creation of photograph !!

People who defend this "Q" system, speak only about the small size of system, and how good today's small sensors are. Just as they wouldn't know what huge advantages large sensors and large-aperture lenses give the photographer!

The small size is perhaps advantage to someone, but many compact cameras give this benefit to them. It does not require interchangeable lens camera system around so tiny sensor. Amen

ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow