Another D300 vs D7000 post !

Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
PhillyFotog
Regular MemberPosts: 379
Like?
Re: Honestly
In reply to enkindler, Jun 27, 2011

See, I just knew someone would have to go and pick on my poor Bigma! Hehe. But I have to agree with your assessment, though the Bigma really is decent on a bright day with ISO juiced a bit (I know, I know). But a non zoom lens is not an option. I am a big fan of constant zooming from the sidelines to get good framing for the very variable distance the game field and players present. To get a zoom F4 or 2.8 that would really be righteous, I'd be in it for $$$$. I am open to suggestions.

I have a handful of good primes, and some better zooms. So it's not like I only shoot through the Bigma. C'mon. I've had that thing since my D100. It's like a kid to me, imperfect as it is.

enkindler wrote:

I'm not sure that using a lens that is slower then spec means much.

When things get that dark and you make the camera work fewer points will focus faster. Even without an extra few years of developement.

I am not discounting how nice the D7000 is but I bet spending that body money on faster better glass would have done more to improve your shots.

The 300 f/4 tends to be a great lacrosse lens and would focus much faster then a bigma. (I am not a bigma hater but is not a lens I would choose for sports it is just way too slow.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow