Olympus Warranty WITHOUT warranty cards???

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SRT201
Senior MemberPosts: 1,918
Like?
Olympus Warranty WITHOUT warranty cards???
Jun 27, 2011

Hey all, I've already got a 520 and 420 but since the 420 is so good at IR photography I'm thinking about picking up a backup. I found one locally at a Walmart but it was obviously previously purchased and returned WITH NO WARRANTY CARDS! It also has 1566 shutter releases on it but for about $200 it still seems a good deal.

-- hide signature --

BEGIN RANT:

I absolutely can't stand dishonest weasels who purchase things with no intention of keeping them. They simply intend to borrow the item for a weekend, family trip, or wedding and then return it. Self-absorbed jerks!... I guess they just feel they deserve it. The rest of us just have to put up with the restricted return policies and higher prices resulting from their bottom-dweller behavior.
-- END RANT:

long slow breaths... ah I feel better now.

Anyhow, have any of you had experience trying to get warranty work done by Olympus WITHOUT the warranty cards. Obviously I will still have a valid receipt (probably will be serialized) for the camera sold as new.

I'm just a little worried about getting a camera with possibly no warranty at all.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Happiness is a want... Contentment is a choice.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow