Why ordinary people try to shoot good photos?

Started Jun 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 3,379Gear list
Like?
Why ordinary people try to shoot good photos?
Jun 27, 2011

As the HDR technique spread, its opponents said that the photos aren't real

images and the reply was that strictly speaking even the slightest post-processing alters the "reality" of the capture; conversely one can argue that no camera is perfect and post-processing provides only corrections to make a photo "more" real, because for almost everyone the reference point is the eyesight (of course I'm not talking about the art photos, although every good photo is somehow also art).

I think that the main attraction to take good real photos (or really good photos!) for people that actually will never be photographs, like me, is the very struggle to best capture the life and/or the nature using a unique blend of technique, inspiration, minute deployments, lucky moments and, above all, a desire for never-ending learning. The great Ansel Adams was saying that a dozen good photos yearly were quite an achievement and he was talking about professionals!

For us, ordinary people, probably even some good (real?) photos in many years is a difficult goal, but an incentive enough to keep shooting!

Thank you for reading and happy shooting everyone,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Olympus SP-810 UZ Nikon Coolpix P510 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow