Show them or not?

Started Jun 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,561
Like?
Re: Show them or not?
In reply to Ubilam, Jun 25, 2011

Ubilam wrote:

Do you post your best images online to free sites like Flickr, FBook and the others?
If so, WHY????

What's the point of a photo if people don't see it? Even if it's something just for my family, am I supposed to make and mail 20 or 30 prints? Anyone who shows or publishes images knows there is a chance they will be appropriated and misused. I can remember seeing paintings copied from Life magazine photos many years ago.

Not to mention that most of the people I photograph come to me for web pictures -- they are going to post them to facebook, modeling sites, dating sites and so on. If I post them I at least get to put my name with them, and sometimes a link back from my more courteous clients.

Do you like having your images stolen at will and used by anybody?

Not especially, but it's a fact of life. Just as it is for musicians and writers. The images I post are small, compressed and watermarked. They still get stolen.

Wake up folks.

Anyone who has been around the internet has been aware of this for years.

Gato

-- hide signature --

After 40 years of Canon and Nikon I'm now using a camera named after my toaster.

Silver Mirage Gallery:
http://www.silvermirage.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow