Why Is the F31fd selling for so much?

Started Jun 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Re: Why Is the F31fd selling for so much?
In reply to PAUL TILL, Jun 24, 2011

I tend to agree with this. I as sort of against PP, until I used it, and in the case of Fuji, when I was just shooting casually, it was nice to have such saturation, but most pics were not realistically saturated. Sometimes I desaturated for better balance, or added some sharpening, and so on.

JPEG output in any camera, even one that produces good ones, is only as good as the preferences of the programmer and managers that designed it. And, as we all know, people here argue about preferences. If that particular grouping of settings floats your boat in ALL situations, then fine. But if you're arguing about preference anywhere on this forum, be aware that you're following someone else's and how they perceive the world, by accepting their jpeg output. It may not be how the world is visible to you, nor is it free of marketing consultants in the process.

PAUL TILL wrote:

JohnyR82 wrote:

You know, it is a bit more effective to press a button a have a great picture right away, rather than press a button, open RAW in a special software, fiddle with options and finally have a great picture.

I've never had a JPEG from any camera that didn't need PP so working with RAW files is not a problem for me.

Paul.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow