Started Jun 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
Impatient for NX20/200 updates...
Jun 24, 2011

Usually I'm not one to get excited over a camera upgrade, but this year seems to be significant upgrades across the board for all manufacturers.

Particularly, I'm looking at the Panasonic G3 and the rumored Olympus E-P3. And especially the E-P3- faster than GH2 autofocus, better high ISO/DR, interchangeable grips, smaller, stylish look, OLED screen.....I'm a bit nervous for Samsung. If the new sensor/designs aren't up to par, I think this year might cut their dream of being the leading camera manufacturer.

Has anyone heard anything about the new NX20/200 besides there being a new sensor and slightly modified designs? I wonder if autofocus will be improved as well (the E-P3 will have a duo-processor, which, along with other things will supposedly give them faster than GH2 AF). Also, there needs to be much more customization...like for NR, movie controls, menus, etc. And a better EVF.

I am happy with my NX10 now- it's simple, gets the job done, and is generally pretty high quality esp. considering the price. But suddenly I feel like M4/3 is making some real headway while Samsung has been dilly-dallying. Not that their current cameras are bad, but considering they said they wanted to be the number one selling camera brand by 2015 or something...it makes me feel like they're just making statements without effort (especially considering that it seems they are discontinuing the potentially very successful EX1/TL350 camera lines and the recent WB700 wasn't exactly kick-my-pants off exciting)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow