Taking the XZ-1 to Mexico!

Started Jun 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
skiphunt13
Senior MemberPosts: 2,478
Like?
Re: Taking the XZ-1 to Mexico!
In reply to Photo-Ventura, Jun 24, 2011

Cool! But I'm out of time. Leaving Saturday morning for the airport. Will make due.

Thanks for the info!

Photo-Ventura wrote:

You might want to consider adding a Circular Polarising Filter from Lensmate? I just got one, along with a whole bunch of other really neat accessories for my new XZ-1. http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/olympusXZ1.php They make a filter attachment that screws onto the front of the camera (made from a special plastic that won't damage the camera thread), so you can use all the same filters you would use on an SLR. I used a circular polarising filter when I went out photographing in the red desert in Western Australia and it makes the colours of rocks and skies pop! The whole thing works without vignetting or any other issues. I also got a UV filter which will protect that Zuiko lens, a squeezable lens-cap, a collapsible lens hood to stop sun-flare and a cable-shutter-release. It feels like I have something almost as good as (maybe even better than!) a whole bag-full of SLR gear, for a fraction of the price and that I can hold up with one finger! Loving the XZ-1!!

Have a great time in Mexico!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow