Few Aviation Images - trouble w/ photo shoot.

Started Jun 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoRecon
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,032
Like?
Few Aviation Images - trouble w/ photo shoot.
Jun 23, 2011

Thought I'd share a few of these general aviation images, although the photo shoot was quite challenging for me: 1) the gyroscopic stabilizer wasn't spooling-up - and needs to be repaired; and 2) I have no VR type lenses - which I'm in dire need of.

So, to spin the props with a really slow shutter speed, yet maintain a sharp fuselage - was 100% challenging for me. Creatively, I came-up with an impromptu, temporary solution, though can't share what it was here.

I still like using the D3 bodies quite a bit (compared to previous bodies), but continue to have problems with what seems to be permanent dust on the sensors - the only issue I've ever had with my D3 bodies (I never had such a problem with previous DSLR's - the D2H having been my greatest love).

This next image is Real McCoy, the illusion of one aircraft on top of the other merely being that of perspective. You can trust me the two planes, plus that of the photo ship, were bouncing around a bit.

Anyway, my next planned photo shoot will be that of the lift-off of the space shuttle, Atlantis, where I've been able to obtain a full-access media badge. My intent is to write a feature article on the future direction of NASA for an international publication. Should turn-out to be be a good read. Beyond this, I'm hoping to be formally asked to go to Afghanistan for a number of weeks, to do PR type work for an intra-theater involved logistics company.

m.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow