Started Jun 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J D Wells
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
From 5D II To D7000
Jun 23, 2011

Hello to all at the Nikon Forum. After what can only be described as a total nightmare due to a catalogue of errors with BMI all my camera equipment was not going to be coming with me on this adventure. To cut a long story short I had to make an on-the-spot decision and purchased a Nikon D7000 Kit with 18-105mm at the airport prior to boarding. My usual kit for this type of job is the Canon 5D II and 1DS II with a few L lenses. I had read about the metering overexposure and can confirm that this is also my finding no matter how precise (manual, spot with exposure taken from low, mid and high). However this camera cost half the price of my 5D II and to be totally honest I was very impressed with the detail and lack of noise that this little beauty is capable of delivering especially when you factor in that all photographs below were taken using a kit lens. No it is not in the same league as the now legendary 5D II but it does come surprisingly close for a camera with an APSC based sensor costing half the price. I hope that you enjoy my work and if you are interested in seeing more then my main body of work can be viewed on my website:

http://www.picturethispicturethat.com .

Thank you everybody.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow