A Rented 14-24 in Yosemite (feedback appreciated)

Started Jun 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,095Gear list
Like?
Re: A Rented 14-24 in Yosemite (feedback appreciated)
In reply to Roger T., Jun 23, 2011

Roger T. wrote:

calson wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt. ... I do not recall where I first read it or who wrote it but it remains true that great landscape photos have something of interest in the foreground, middle ground, and the background. It serves to pull people into the picture. Yours lack anything of interest in the foreground.

Interesting, but I rather thought I had a foreground element in these ... how close do you think it needs to be to be "foreground?"

What he says is quite right in most situations, but you do have foreground interest in that you have the pool of water there which has alot of interst in it and also doubles as a lead in to the backdrop. It's a superb image, IMO.

Spring runoff standing in Yosemite Valley -

Ancient apple tree and Yosemite Falls -

This isn't with the 14-24, but is this what you had in mind?

Should I be "framing" my pictures with branches in the upper corners? Should I place the point of interest one-third of the way into the image, horizontally & vertically? Should I expose to the right? Do I dare to eat a peach? I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each ... I do not think that they will sing to me.

So I take pictures. Thanks for the feedback!

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
 Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow