Started Jun 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RGL1215
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
New 50D worth buying?
Jun 23, 2011

I have been considering buying a new camera. I've been using a 30D since it came out. I'm not really interested in the first generation video offered at this time. Having said that I'm having a hard time justifying the price of a new 50D vs a new 60D. New body only 50D's are out there but I cant find anything under 1479.00. With the price of the 60D down to 899.99 with the recent rebate I just cant bring myself to buy the 50D. Even used many of these 50D's are going for nearly the price of a new 60D body. I do like some of the options that the 50D has that were left off the 60D but is it really worth that kind of cash.? I know that I can probably find a refurbished for less but still it's not going to be less than a 60D. Not real hot on buying used either.

Thoughts anyone.

PS... I just saw that the 7d is down to 1600.00 with the instant rebate. I'm thinking that this thought of buying a 50D for about 1500.00 is silly.

RGL1215's gear list:RGL1215's gear list
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow