questions about sony a33/55 in video mode?

Started Jun 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
compositor20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,589
Like?
questions about sony a33/55 in video mode?
Jun 22, 2011

Hello people im thinking about sony a33 or panasonic g3 for my sister... she will shoot jpg

and i have read many reviews for stills info however for video there is little info...

how is sony a33 in video mode? do you find it is better than 720p cameras (i have an olympus e-pl1 that takes very good but not outstanding video with no moiré and just a hint of aliasing)

does it choose a shutter speed of 1/50 in low ligth to avoid flickering in PAL land? it does have auto-exposure lock right?

how is chroma noise performance in avchd mode at high iso? grain doesnt bother me much but chroma noise bothers me...

that autofocus is fantastic really...

which would you think would have better video performance panasonic g3 or sony a33 ?

in stills sony is better in DR at low iso and panasonic in DR at high iso so they are about the same but sony in jpg has handheld twilight mode (by the way does it do too much noise to use it constantly at a church in tourism trip?)

thanks for your help if i choose the sony i will buy 28-200 tamron f3.8-5.6 lens second hand since my sister wants zoom... and that is the only good and affordable zoom that i can find, even though she would have the wide angle kit lens...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow