Will 3D photography make our m43 equipment obsolete?

Started Jun 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gadaga31
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Will 3D photography make our m43 equipment obsolete?
Jun 22, 2011

Hello,

I'm a happy user of the GH2 and am even thinking of extending my set with one of the new Olympus m43 cameras (very tempted by the upcoming 'mini') and some more lenses but.... with the 3D cameras that will certainly come in the not too far future... will we not regret having heavily invested in 'mono' m43?

I know there is this 3D m43 lens, but it uses only a fraction of the (already not so big) sensor so I don't think this is a valid way forward to 3D. Instead a whole new lenslount and lesnses and bodies would be necessary to go for a high resolution and high sensivity system making everything we own ... obsolete ...

What do you think? lens, but it uses only a fraction of the (already not so big) sensor so I don't think this is a valid way forward to 3D. Instead a whole new lenslount and lesnses and bodies would be necessary to go for a high resolution and high sensivity system making everything we own ... obsolete ...

What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow