ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AC Gounaris
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Yet another lens question...
Jun 21, 2011

Hi everyone,

I just rejoined the Nikon family after years of shooting with other stuff, most notably Canon and Contax film cameras. (btw, my last Nikon was an F2A Photomic with two great prime lenses, but that was a zillion years ago it seems...)

Anyway, just got the D7000 and the 18-200 VR (original) so that I can have a one lens outfit that I can go shooting with without carrying other stuff with me. I like to shoot landscapes (urban and nature) and people, I rarely use flash but I do like to shoot with low light indoors and outdoors.

I am thinking what other lens or lenses I should be looking at, if any. I am on a budget, so exotic lenses that cost 1000+ are not an option at this point. I am not inclined to buy third party lenses no matter how good they may be, so I am looking at Nikon's own only.

I have been looking at either the (older) 12-24 f/4 or its replacement, the 10-24 as a wide angle zoom to complement the other one, albeit with some duplication in coverage.

Also, I have been looking at the new 35 f/1.8 and the new 50 f/1.8 which are very affordable and fast as a normal and portrait (?) lens respectively.

What are your thoughts on these? What combination would maximize my utility? Any others I should consider? Anyone want to give me one for free? (no, scratch that comment:) )

Thanks in advance for your help!

acg

AC Gounaris's gear list:AC Gounaris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow