Hiking in the Himalayas: Everest region (pics)

Started Jun 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oreoucky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,058
Like?
Hiking in the Himalayas: Everest region (pics)
Jun 18, 2011

Quit my job back in April to travel. Started off with two months of traveling in India. I've posted 6 installments of photos in the Konica Minolta forum as I still like to post there. Then moved onto Nepal. Just got back 2 days ago from 18 days hiking through the Everest region up to base camp, Kala Patthar (5550m), Cho La Pass (5330m), and Gokyo. Had flown into Lukla to start the hike but traded in my ticket and walked the 6 days back to see some different scenary (lush jungle) and villages. Truly amazing. I plan to write up a whole trip report as I usually do and post, but just havent gotten around to it yet.

Lugged my Sony a580, 11-16mm F/2.8, 18-250, Grad ND/Polarizer filters up with me. Plus 1 change of clothes and some cool weather gear. No Raw edits as I am traveling with netbook so its a bit impossible. Just jpegs. A few have been touched up with Picasa.

Hope this works. Too many pics, but ill post a few. Full gallery of the "keepers" I narrowed down are at http://www.pbase.com/oreoucky/the_himalayas

Justin

The border crossing from India to Nepal

The landing in Lukla

Wheat

Forest

View from my bed at 6am

Yak Yak Yak

Pumori (7161m)

Sunrise

Everest and Nuptse

Cho La Pass

Cho La Pass

Goyko Lake

Nothin like a toilet in your farm

Namche Bazaar

72 kils each and carried on backs of porters

typical nepali meal

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow