ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon2901
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Switching from Pen to Leica?
Jun 18, 2011

Hey

I currently have a Olympus pen e-p2 with vf-2 and Voigtländer nokton 25mm 0.95 which is a awesome kit for street photographing which is what i do 90% of the time. I also shoot some 35mm film with a couple of different rangefinder cameras and i really am liking that shooting style. I currently might have a chance of getting a Leica m8 for 2000$ and i can sell all of my m4/3 gear for about the same.

Now i am not much of a "technical specs" guy, but i know the m8 don't fare nearly as well as my current camera in low light, but still i love the rangefinder way of shooting and i think a m camera would suit my photography style very well.

What i was thinking, since i am a university student and cash really is a problem, was to hold back on the expensive and great Leica glass and start with a vögtlander 35mm 1.4 since it would be close to my preferred focal length and i would think it would be about as good as my current voigtländer for low light due to the much bigger censor of the m8? ( a side note: this would be my way into the m system, i would then later be able to go to proper Leica glass)

Was i am currently wondering is how bad the leica jpeg are, how good the raw files of the Leica m8 is straight out of the camera? and "how easy the workflow is", btw i don't mind raw at all.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow