ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sirandar
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Impression of the Oly-E-PL2
Jun 17, 2011

Where I came from: Pana FZ30

After using the camera for about a week I can say that for me this is a very usable camera that I am very happy with.

What I like about the camera:

1) The size and weight is a perfect compromise considering what the camera can do. Lenses are really light but are well made ..... but one small drop and I am quite certain the plastic pins on the lens seat will break.

2) Signal to noise in low light is adequate for indoor ambient light shooting.

3) Double Kit package pretty well gives everything you need ..... zoom capability is lacking compared to the FZ30, but in my hands it was rare to actually be able to use the full zoom of the FZ30 anyway. The lens just wasn't fast enough for birding or capturing small subjects at a distance unless the light was very bright and the subject was very accomdating. Since I am not willing to pay for a lens that can do that, the 40-150 range is good enough for me.

I was quite upset when Pana decided to retire the FZ30-50 line but after using the E-PL2 I can perhaps see why Pana made that decision. The small sensor just has too many low light limitations and while the zoom can be very useful sometimes, in my hands it was not quite good enough to catch real life subjects at a distance unless that day is very bright.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow