Started Jun 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PStu
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
How to rescue Pentax
Jun 17, 2011

As a Canon DSLR user, there are two reasons I'd sell my gear and move to Pentax: budget-conscious weather-resistant lenses and super-small primes. But neither has the bodies to take full advantage of them, i.e., an entry-level body with weather-sealing or a low-profile DSLR body.

If Pentax had a K-r body with weather-sealing, they could market it to every photographer who wants to hike and take pictures in inclement weather but doesn't want to pay pro-level costs (Canon L lenses or K-5 body) and wants to travel light.

And if Pentax had a DSLR that looked more like the old K-1000 or were even more radical and had a rangefinder body like the Fuji X100, they could attract a ton of photographers who want the low-profile, street-shooter package. A tiny prime on a K-5 body just looks weird, but if you could lose the grip and streamline the rest, you might have something interesting.

PStu's gear list:PStu's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
645DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow