Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ebsilon
Contributing MemberPosts: 554
Like?
Re: Another D300 vs D7000 post !
In reply to gwenhael appere, Jun 17, 2011

gwenhael appere wrote:

Hi Eirik,

thnaks for your thoughts, it seems you were/are in the same position than me now, and i'm glad to have your comments.

i can't say i'm not happy with the D300s, acually i am. But i now i am not using the full capabilities of the camera, and i feel the d7000 would bring me just what i need, with a plus on the ISO side and the U1 U2 buttons. i was woondering if you used the scenes settings, and whether they were giving you good results ?
Thaks !

Hi Gwenhael,

I never use the scene settings, I usually use U1 programmed to aperture priority, program mode, or manual mode. I also shoot RAW and process in Lightroom, so I don't fiddle much with picture control settings for jpeg in camera. For your use - landscape, low light, and birding - the increased dynamic range and iso capabilities will be an improvement compared to D300s (although more a step improvement rather than a big leap). Also I've learned from other posts around here that AF tracking is good enough for birding. Just make sure that you understand the trade-offs wth respect to build, ergonomics, size and weight if you choose to switch. I strongly recommend you go to a store to try yo evaluate these things for yourself, as these factors are highly dependent on your personal preferences.

-- hide signature --

Eirik ----------

--
Visit my gallery at http://eirikbs.smugmug.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow