Nikon D7000 Focus problem. The real issue part 3?

Started Jun 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bwigg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,105
Like?
Nikon D7000 Focus problem. The real issue part 3?
Jun 16, 2011

OK, part two has reached it's max of 150 so I have started part three. If you are just joining us part two is here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1034&message=38681709&problem=max

Just going to throw this out there in case its of interest. Below is a comparison > between what my D7000 can do and what a friend of mine was getting. I took > both shots hand held with VR on, f8, 1/500, iso 100, same time of day at full > zoom with the kit lens on a target around 100m away (same single focus point). I > took about 40 shots with my mates cam and the image on the right is about the > best I could get, whereas I took one with mine and got the result on the left. > Swapped the lens so it appears that the cause with within the body. Make sure > you zoom in fully for comparison.

http://imageshack.us/f/217/ftest.jpg/

The outcome of this was that my mate received a replacement D7000 of similar > quality to mine, though the sales person (who did a great job) said he had to l> ook through 5 out of his stock of 10 before finding one he was 100% happy to > exchange it with.

Bwigg your prob seems to be a similar one...I suggest you keep fighting for it > mate, get Nikon to check it out and dont give up until your happy

Thanks for the time to complete these tests. I still don't have a clue as to what is happening. Your poor images are just like what I and others have experienced. The whole image is blurred which seems to rule out BF of FF.

I did try a few tests tonight with my 80-200mm f2.8 AF-D lens and it seems to be less affected or not at all affected. I was able to get some pretty sharp images at 1/250 and the images looked basically the same with or with out Q mode enabled. The shake started to appear around 1/160 which is understandable considering it is a non VR lens.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow