Started Jun 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joewhistle
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Off to buy my Olympus EPL2 but...
Jun 16, 2011

So as the title states, I'm off to pick up my EPL2. I'm pretty excited, as I am trading in my Nikon D3000, and moving to the 4/3rds system.

Why? Well, I've been travelling consistently over the past 2 years, and I've found that I can't be bothered lugging around a DSLR everywhere anymore. At first it was ok, but now, I want the portability and reduction in weight, as well as the ability to shoot videos. Also, I'm nothing more than an amateur photographer, and I don't have the time to maximize the use out of my D3000. the EPL2 seems like the best fit for my needs, because I like hte customizability of the lenses, and I just can't go back to using a Point and Shoot.

I digress.

Anyway, before I pick up EPL2, I had a few concerns I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. I've been reading a lot about the relative ineffectiveness of the low light AF for the EPL2. I don't take too many photos in low light, but I'm sure I'll be taking a few here and there. My question is, is it THAT big of a problem?

2. Which accessories are worth picking up? I'm definitely considering the EVF, but other than that...

3. I've seen some talk that the 4/3rd system will be obsolete, or not worth it in the long run. Is this really true?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow