Started Jun 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChandlerKevin
Forum MemberPosts: 70
Like?
Lightroom 3 - is photoshop obsolete?
Jun 16, 2011

Ok, I know photoshop is not obsolete nor will it likely ever be. However, I know that many photogs are going to ps less and less as lightroom and aperture continue to improve and more and more plug-ins become available for lr and aperture, including the soon to be releases DxO film effects plug-in announced on dpreview today. My question is whether any photogs out there already are, or envision a time in the near future, when they simply won't use ps anymore? If so, a description of the type of editing you do in lr or aperture would be helpful. If you envision always using ps for at least some editing, a description of the type of editing that simply isn't available in lr or which is simply inferior in lr would be appreciated. I recently purchased lr 3 and I am curious if I will need ps. I know that a lot of the effects in the photography that I like has been created by using actions in photoshop and I am wondering if the same can usually be done using presets and plug ins in lr 3. In this regard, I am referring mostly to certain film type effects, toning, etc., that is applied to the entire image, not actual modification of any specific subject within the photo. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any replies.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow