First serious Camera, Z981. Any tips for a beginner? (and latest pics from this Z981)

Started Jun 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lostearstudio
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
First serious Camera, Z981. Any tips for a beginner? (and latest pics from this Z981)
Jun 16, 2011

I've just recently purchased a Z981 a few days ago and am already getting hooked! the super zoom certainty helps! Because I'm pretty much a newbie with serious digital photography, I would like to check with the crowd here for tips on settings and whatnot to take better pics. I changed a setting in P mode for 'less color' and more sharpness and the pic looked much better. this info was suggested in another thread here.

I've been taking mostly macro images and a few occasional zoomed shot. I would like to get better before my wedding on the 3rd so that when me and my soon-to-be-wife go on our honeymoon road trip, I'll be well prepared to document it with this wonderful camera

adding some images from this camera to the next post. still learning how this forum works as it's a little different from most other forums for me.

lostearstudio's gear list:lostearstudio's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow