ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
victor jeon
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
1 touch AI servo for 1d mark III
Jun 15, 2011

hey guys/gals.

just picked up a new (but used from a previous owner) 1D mark III. sent in to canon twice to check autfocus issues, all came back negative. love it to death.

i also have a 7D as well and LOVED the custom function/control setting where you can assign the DOF preview button to when you hold down DOF preview button AND depress the shutter release button halfway (AF start), it switches to AI servo temporarily (as long as you keep holding the DOFP button down). ie: i shoot normally in single shot AF mode and then subject to starts to move. i hold down the DOFP button and the mode switches to AI servo untill i let go of the DOFP button.

IMHO: the BEST new feature that 7D has.

do we know if my new 1D mark III can do this somehow? or is the only way to actually set the AF to AI servo mode is manually and then switch back.

i have gone through every single forum everywhere and read the manual from front to back (no small feat considering its like a million pages).

thanks.

pS: accidentally posted this in "open discussion". sorry.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow