in praise of RawTherapee, "Amaze" demosaicing algorithm

Started Jun 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
RussellInCincinnati
Senior MemberPosts: 3,194
Like?
Raw Therapee's not doing well on your Linux box?
In reply to Clicked, Jun 15, 2011

My sole experience is with a Windows PC, interesting to hear you find RT Raw Therapee unusable on Linux. Wonder if you went to some other person's linux box, where they were successfully running a good photo editor, and installed RawTherapee on that box, if it would be just as wildly wrong as it is on your machine.

After verifying problems on a second Linux box...at this point, considering how much money's been spent on my entire stable of photo stuff, if I was in your shoes and had to run Linux, I would go out and buy a cheap, used PC with a crummy monitor, Windows XP and a gigabyte of RAM and a USB port. Just to run RT as the first step in dealing with my images. Have no need for an accurate monitor on my RT box, because all'd be doing with it is demosaicing, pre-sharpening and maybe chromatic aberration correcting. Then would copy those images to my Linux box for all the rest of my editing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow