k-x + 55-300mm TOO NOISY for bird photography?????

Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
eenymac
Contributing MemberPosts: 905Gear list
Like?
Re: k-x + 55-300mm TOO NOISY for bird photography?????
In reply to guy_incognito, Jun 14, 2011

I can't help thinking back to a clip I saw on the news a few weeks ago, when the queen visited Ireland. At one of the photo op locations, the commentator was almost drowned out by the rapid fire shutter sounds of all the "Pro" photographers letting rip with their "Pro" systems. Seriously, I was shocked at the sound having got so used to my K5.

Mind you, would have been funny to see the queen get spooked and run away!

I've come across the gear junkies before whilst out and about and have had the huge lens brigade come marching up, hauling gear that probably cost more than their cars, talking loudly and scaring away the wildlife I had carefully spent time getting close to.

Compared to the K5, my old K20 sounds noisy too but I have never had any real problems with the sound scaring wildlife away.

Sounds like those guys were just indulging in a bit of childish gear snobbery. I bet their photos are crap too!

eenymac's gear list:eenymac's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow