PIX 2015

XZ-1: How simple can it be operated

Started Jun 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Andersen
Regular MemberPosts: 217
XZ-1: How simple can it be operated
Jun 14, 2011

My wife is pretty camera-phobic. She is currently using an old APS film camera with an on switch, a zoom, and a shuter release.

If you leave the XZ-1 in full auto mode do you just take off the lens cap, turn it on and shoot?

My purchasing approach is that 85% of the time that she would want to take a picture I will be with her so it's no big deal. The other 15% for the time, when she is by herself, the XZ-1 will probably take a better picture than any "real simple" basic camera. Make sense?

Also, how to you put the XZ-1 in manual focus mode? I didn't see a button. Do you have to go to the menus?


-- hide signature --


ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow