Started Jun 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
duncsuss
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
Lightroom camera profile - big difference
Jun 14, 2011

I discovered there is a big difference between "Adobe Standard" and "Camera Standard" in the Lightroom develop module Camera Calibration : Profile setting. (I expect this is also true in the Photoshop ACR module since they use the same engine.)

To illustrate, here are 2 versions of the same photo, the only difference in development settings being this choice of Profile.

I selected the white balance using the dropper tool on the 4th gray patch, between "40" and "50" in the bottom row, of the QPcard in the first version. When I used the eyedropper on the second pic, the resulting value was almost identical, so I just went with the same as the first pic.

Note the color shift in the iris behind the QPcard -- I'd been struggling to get the true purple of the iris in the photos I'd taken, no amount of tinkering with the white balance seemed to fix it.

Now I know to use the Camera Standard profile. Who would've thought that Pentax could do a better job than Adobe at processing Pentax color?

Using the Adobe Standard profile:

Using the Camera Standard profile:

-- hide signature --

Duncan

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow