Started Jun 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,183
Like?
Can the R1900 print decent B&W or is it a lost cause
Jun 14, 2011

After trying ZONE-8's method for B&W printing on my 1400 with very good success rate, I wanted to try to do the same with my R1900.

Well, guess what? You can't. I could not find a tick box for Gray scale on the advanced window as in the 1400.

Before I go wasting a lot of time, ink paper, has anyone been able to developed a workflow for decent B&W images ? I've tried printing images converted to "B&W but maintaining RGB info in Photoshop. Using my own color profiles for the Printer/Paper/Ink combo made with the Colormunki and get a nice almost neutral with a cool brown, though even color cast. Not a bad look at all if that was what I was trying for.

I've read that I could modify one of my existing profiles by using a good reference B&W image using the X-rite colormunki software, whose name escapes me at the moment. Suposedly the software with create a set of patches utilizing the sample image, after printing an scanning the new "B&W" derived chart with the colormunki, you can save the new modified verison as "blah_blah_blah_B&W". Using that "B&W" profile when printing with that paper should suposedly improve things, Maybe!

Any ideas? Any B&W success story by R1900 users?
Or maybe I should just stick to color.

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow