Boot Camp Question

Started Jun 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,590Gear list
Like?
My keyboards and mice work fine, including the two you mentioned.
In reply to d80russ, Jun 14, 2011

I think that you forgot to load the Windows drivers when you installed Boot Camp. You must download them from Apple, put them on a harddrive or DVD, and then install them. Works great. Perhaps you missed that step in the Boot Camp installation process.

I have used my Apple wireless keyboard and several mice with my various computers, including a 2009 iMac, the original Air, and a new 11" Air, with Windows Vista and Windows 7. Note, that the Snow Leopard that came with my latest Air would only load drivers for W7. Luckily, I had a W7 disk and just upgraded the Air from Vista to 7.

For any Air users out there, you also need the drivers to use the external DVD drive with Boot Camp (Windows).

I've had a lot of practice with this because I must teach Office for Windows in my classrooms, and the Apple Wireless Keyboard is the only keyboard that I've used, but I've used umpteen mice and remote presenters without problem. Sometimes I've had to play around to get the mice to work, but it's never taken more than a couple of minutes. Besides Apple Mice, I have used Targus, and both the old MS Arc Mouse and the new one.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow