Started Jun 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snegron
Regular MemberPosts: 499
Like?
Is my E-PL2 deffective?
Jun 14, 2011

I have been using my E-PL2 for about 5 days and I am sadly disappointed with the images. There are little (if any) details captured in my images and all the highlights are blown out.

I tried different settings at ISO 200 and 400 and turned the noise reduction off, but still got smeared/detail-less images. I tried increasing the sharpening, but the results were exactly the same.

Also, the battery gets very hot after only a few minutes and the front grip becomes loose! The details in the images are absolutely nowhere near what is shown here in the review section.

I am not new to digital photography (I know my way around menus to get the settings I want as I have been using DSLR's and point and shoots since 1999).

The images I am getting from the E-PL2 are comparable to inexpensive point and shoots I have toyed around with in the past; actually the images are nowhere near what I get from my old LX3.

Did I get a bad copy? Are they all like this? Are the details supposed to be smeared even with NR off? Is it normal that the highlights are completely blown out even in late afternoon shots in the shade? Are the batteries supposed to heat up so much and the grip becomes loose?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow