Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nRequimM
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Expected more from GF3?
Jun 13, 2011

I enjoyed today's announcement, though feel I'm not the only one feeling slightly disappointed.

GF series's concept of appealing to the masses, given a streamlined, design and lighter body makes for a good package - this idea is pushed further along with GF3 getting even thinner, and lighter.

Though proportionally speaking the lenses themselves is now less balanced on the body. Somewhat reminds me of Sony's NEX's lens sticking out.

Correct me, but the sensor - crucial element directly related to the IQ; has not change. Being marginably smaller than APC is already a uphill battle, using the same thing three times now, since G1 was announced back in 2008 is puzzling. I really expected it to house the sensor from GH2 at least!

Furthermore while the lens collection is increasing, the suggested price tag for body, and a 25mm 1.4 of an extra £549.99, hardly rivals cost of traditional DSLR - while providing neither the choice of optics, nor the image quality.

Doesn't feel quite right.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow