Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
antifreez
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Memory card failure!
Jun 13, 2011

I was out all afternoon yesterday shooting pictures of my family. I got home to look at the photos and nothing was recorded to my memory card.

I've talked to a few people and the first question they ask is if I was checking intermittently at the LCD. In looking back, I can't imagine that I was NOT checking because I frequently refer back to the display data to check on shutter speeds when shooting in aperture priority. But, I must not have if I found that there was nothing written to the memory card.

• There are still other pictures on the card.

• The display indicates 435, which I'm assuming refers to the space left on the card (435 pictures left to take).

• As soon as I realized it didn't record any pictures, I took a few test shots to see if it would work, which it did just fine.

Have any of you experienced this? I have a few trips coming up and I'm nervous that this might happen again. It must be problem with the card? Not the camera?

Thanks for reading.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow