To G2 or not G2, that is the question...

Started Nov 29, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mark borg
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
To G2 or not G2, that is the question...
Nov 29, 2002

Sorry, Shakes...

Very tempted to go for a G3, but decided on its predecessor instead. No doubt, very conservative, but I wanted something tried and tested.

I love the design cues of the G2 - very much a traditional-looking camera, yet appealingly modern features underneath. A customer once said to me (when I used to sell cameras back in the late 1980's and autofocus was the big new thing - anyone remember the Canon T80?) that cameras are "just male jewellery". I think she's right.

That's why I'm posting this message. I've had this complex beast just for a couple of days (black, with the 1gb microdrive) and I'm afraid that all I've done is look at it. Sad, isn't it? I mean, I am going to take pictures with it eventually, but, at the moment, all I'm doing is wearing it around my neck and turning it on and off. I'm fascinated by the twisty screen.

By the way, no matter which way I look at it, in whatever light, I can't get it to look like it looks on the box - how DO they do that?

Just one question, folks: Would/has anyone else gone for the G2 over the G3 for the same reason? I'm happy with my decision, but, you know, I'm just wondering...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow