Started Jun 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nick_webster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,643
Like?
Subtle tonality
Jun 12, 2011

Before anything else let me make it clear that I'm not trying to troll or otherwise upset people in this forum.

One of the advantages I read about Foveon sensors is their subtle tonality, so whilst I'm having a quiet day at work I was looking through some photos I have here that I use as desktop wallpaper. I came across this one and to me it has great sublety in it's colour transitions. I'm struggling to see how it could be bettered. It might not be sharp at the pixel level as a Sigma shot would be but at normal viewing distances I don't think I'd see any difference.

Full size is in my gallery - use the "original" link at the top of the photo to download full size if you wish - it's a 2.8MB file.

Is it just reds where Foveon images better their Bayer equivalents ? Do you think my shot is just rubbish ? Any thoughts welcome, and if you have some images to demonstrate what you think so much the better,

Nick

PS Just noticed the EXIF is stripped - Oly RAW software does that. It was taken with an E-3 and either a Tamron or Tokina 90mm macro at about f5.6/8, handheld. Probably ISO 100 or 200. If anyone is interested I can let you know some details later - won't show lens data as it was an adapted MF lens.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow