Started Jun 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
black pearl
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Fuji X100 - Quayside Shoot-out
Jun 12, 2011

Haven't managed to sneak the cash past the missus and buy one yet but I've been lucky enough to be in the position to borrow a X100 for a week or so - I really, really didn't want to hand it back.

I've read the reviews and I've followed the forums and while I did find some quirks to the camera and it is in no way as fast as my D300s I have to say in actual use (not sitting fiddling with it looking for faults) it is a joy to take picture with. I've owned a Contax G1 system in the past and the X100 has brought back all those warm memories of a small, quiet camera with a fantastic lens.

Anyhow, here are a few shots from an evening to nighttime shoot around the quayside at Newcastle. As you can see there was a Leica X1 there too, another X100 and a D3 thrown in for good measures. All handheld, most shot at f2.8 (might as well make use of that big sensor and bright lens to keep the DoF narrow) and with the camera set to auto ISO.

I found the EVF to be a better option to the OVF which I wasn't expection. Two reasons: 1. it is more accurate with its focus point and 2. the brightness alters with the exposure compensation dial which having lived with optical systems for so long was a revelation. That more than anything made the camera a joy to use in lighting that was changeable and difficult at times.

Do I still want one - Hell yeah!
Will I buy one (should read will I be allowed to buy one) - I hope so.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow