Started Jun 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tasteoftucson
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Do you use 4:3 displays??
Jun 11, 2011

I realized that I am surrounded by 16:9 displays - whether they are TVs or computer monitors. Every time I use a camera with 4:3 or 3:2, I have to crop it to 16:9 to make full use of display area unless I want to take a 4"x6" print in which case I crop to 3:2 if using 4:3 sensors. I rarely take 4"x6" print outs (3:2). But let's assume they are lot of use who still take 4"x6" print outs who is not unreasonable assumption. So I do not see any sense in Camera/Image sensor manufacturers manufacturing 4:3 sensors. I thought they will evolve into making 3:2 or 16:9 sensors. But I see evolution of 4/3rds & Micro 4/3rd makers who I feel are disconnected from reality. Panny has multi-aspect sensor, but they are wasting precious silicon real-estate by not going to 3:2 sensors.

I am wondering if any of you feel this way and how many of you are still using 4:3 displays......thank you for the responses in advance...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow