Started Jun 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterNMIF
Senior MemberPosts: 2,415Gear list
Like?
Was thinking about m43 until I bought the E620
Jun 10, 2011

I just bought a refurb 620 to augment my 520. After holding the 620, I asked myself "why would I ever want anything smaller?" Don't get me wrong. I love my Canon S90 and Pany LX5. But if the cam isn't small enough to go in my pants pocket, it might as well be big enough to comfortably hold! I actually like the size of the 520 (width) better than the 620 because it has more "real estate" on the right side for my right thumb and the buttons.

So, as I see the smaller and smaller m43 bodies, I wonder how comfortable they actually are to hold. Especially if Oly makes some faster (therefore bigger diameter and heavier) m43 lenses.

Actually, my wish is that they will maintain a 620 or 520 size body, add a mirrorless system to it, and use the extra room to stuff E5 features into it and add a waterresistant body! (I know, I know, there's no chance this will happen). Or, will that be what the "pro-PEN" will be?

Peter F.
--
Blog and Zenfolio-sponsored galleries at:
http://www.peterfraileyphoto.com/

PeterNMIF's gear list:PeterNMIF's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
E-XXNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow